Current Topics in Computer Vision and Machine Learning
|4 ECTS credits|
Find a list of current courses on the Teaching page.
Computer Vision is a very active research field with many interesting applications. Many of its recent successes are due to advances in Machine Learning research. It is therefore useful to study the two fields together and to draw cross-links between them.
The conferences with the strongest impact in Computer Vision are CVPR, ICCV, and ECCV, whereas NIPS and ICML have the strongest impact on the Machine Learning community. In this seminar we will discuss recent results presented at those conferences with a focus on the most interesting and innovative ideas. Participating students have the chance to get familiar with state-of-the-art solutions to problems in Computer Vision and Machine Learning and will get an insight into the involved techniques.
Successful participants will be awarded 4 ECTS credits.
Master students: Bachelor degree Attendance of the lectures Computer Vision, Machine Learning, or Pattern Recognition and Neural Networks, or evidence of equivalent knowledge.
- Ethical Guidelines for the Authoring of Academic Work in German and English
- Declaration of Compliance in German and English
- LaTeX for the report (mandatory!): Template
- Slide template (optional): PPT, Keynote, LaTeX
- Introductory Meeting: 21.10.2016 15:00-16:00 - mandatory for all participants -Slides
- Outline due: 21.11.2016
- Report due: 09.01.2017
- Slides due: 06.02.2017
- Presentations: 20-22.02.2017 - Please hand in your corrected report at this date!
For all questions concerning the seminar, please contact
UMIC Research Centre
Mies-van-der-Rohe-Strasse 15, Room 122